Monday, December 21, 2009

Ten Percent Challenge (10% Weight Loss in 100 days)

So what do you do when you are overweight, and approaching middle age?  


Will Pringle says "I've got the solution, its called the 10% Challenge........   basically you lose 10% of your body weight in 100 days"


My current understanding:
- Goal to loose 10% of body weight in 100 days
- Weigh-in Jan 1st
- Weigh-out sometime in April
- For every pound not lost from your goal weight is $25.00/pound, which goes into a pot
- The pot is collected and split amongst the winners (those who have achieved their 10% goal)
- Smack talk is allowed, and encouraged




Now Will says this is a 10% challenge, but he really wants to make it an 8% challenge, because the last time he did 10% he lost his gall-bladder.  


Well, I say say Will is a baby.  He's already lost the gall-bladder, so he should man up to 10% (not 8%).


Furthermore, I think it's easy to lose weight.  Keeping it gone is the hard part.  I propose a second part to the "Challenge".  Your weigh-out will be your set point for the rest of the year, then on Jan 1st 2011, for every pound over your set point will cost 25.00/pound (to go into a pot).  The pot goes to all who have remained under their set point. 




What do you think?  Are you up for the Challenge?

1 comment:

  1. I'm in and I made this fancy schmancy weigh loss/ projector/ calculator for everyone. I'm sure I won't get any snide comments for creating something this complicated but it kept me from eating the cookies on the counter for the last 20 minutes!!!

    ReplyDelete