Friday, January 8, 2010

Damn That Mac & Cheese was Good!

So there I was. Getting ready to order dinner with my buddy Ken and a few friends at Post 390 Restaurant in Boston. We were having an innocent conversation about having a salad and sticking to our "10% in 100 days" diet. It's $25 a pound for every pound we don't lose, after all, and this is a real competition. I mean, what could possibly taste SO good that it's worth $25 for a few minutes of chewing? AND THEN BAM!!! There was something on the menu that was calling my name so loud that Ken sounded like a muffled mute. "KEN!!!!", I said. "Dude. Buddy. Check it out!" As I drooled I slowly said the following words... "Beer and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese with a Crisp Shallot Crust".

"Robbie would LOVE that!" Ken replied. "Why yes Ken, he would. But then again, he's not here now is he."


Damn. Now that was worth $25.

12 comments:

  1. Damn.... I keep thinking about the Mac and Cheese...

    What makes it $25.00? Don't get me wrong, I've had a Kobe Burger, Kobe Meatloaf.......

    I'm just trying to figure out Noodles, Bacon, Onions, Beer, and Cheese. What do they associated the high price with?

    Was it the Cheese in it?

    Is it some special Cheddar that only the Czars get?

    For the love of God, stop posting about Mac and Cheese......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the $25 is the price he is going to pay for the pound he gained eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laugh. That would make it $50 Mac and Cheese.

    Did it have Black Truffles in it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm calling shenanigans on that one. I think will saw the waitress walking by and said hey can I take a picture with that!!! No way did he really eat it all. Will is just trying to break Rob!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only did he eat that, but four girly martini type drinks, crab and spinach dip, tuna tartar,one honkin' big plate of scallops and mashed potatoes that looked like hockey pucks with botox, and a fatty, fatty cup of Amaretto and Bailey's to finish it off. We're so collecting in April...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think he logged all that on Loseit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In all seriousness Rob, from the bottom of my heart, the next time I come down to see you I'm going to stop by Post 390 before I get on the plane and bring you some of this stuff. It's so damn good you won't be able to wipe the smile off your face for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quick question. Does typing count as excercise?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude, next time you get on a plane, your going to have to ask for a seatbelt extension.

    ReplyDelete