Saturday, January 16, 2010

Marv needs help from those north of the Mason-Dixon Line


(Marv's current exercise site)

Marv needs some advice on exercising from those living in the Great White North.  (I believe his Southern upbringing has kept him from asking).

Basically he says it is way too cold to exercise in Mississippi.  This is further compounded since his small town has only one gym.  Marv's wife is good friends with the gym owners wife.  The gym owner decided to stop going with the wife and started going with a 20-something towel girl (who was working at the gym).  Now Marv has to boycott the gym based on his wifes friendship/principles.  And this has forced Marv to have only one place to exercise.....  The Piggly Wiggly.

Now I've been accused of stretching the truth in order to make a good story, but I am dead serious (if I'm lying, I'm dying).  Marv is exercising at the Pig.

If you look at his Loseit and see 10min walk here, and a 20min walk there, thats him at the Pig.  Can you imagine trying to lose weight while "exercising" at a grocery store!?!?!

Now normally I would ask Will for advice, but apparently he doesn't know how to exercise in cold weather either.

Can someone please help these guys??????






4 comments:

  1. Anything you do to get your heart rate up for an extended period of time works. At the very least I would pick up a stationary bike and jump on that daily. I think exercise for the sake of exercise is boring so while I am on the elliptical machine I listen to music and read a book. Forcing my self to concentrate on two things at once really makes the time go by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should stick to your principles Marv and keep doing laps at the Pig. Just try and avoid the snack isle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the chances are "slim", but Robbie would really like you to post a photo of the 20-something from the gym. Man Rob, that's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But what do you do about the Fried Bologna Biscuit's calling his name? This is the Pig after all. Plus I bet when they see Marv coming in for his "walk" they setup hydration stations (sweet tea and pork rinds).

    ReplyDelete